The Power of Why by Kathy Atkinson
“When you talk about what you want and why you want it, there's usually less resistance within you than when you talk about what you want and how you're going to get it. When you pose questions you don't have answers for, like how, where, when, who, it sets up a contradictory vibration that slows everything down.”
--- Abraham - Excerpted from the workshop in San Antonio, TX on Saturday, January 29, 2005 # 19
If you want something, you need to know why...
Why do you want more money?
Why do you want to be more successful?
Why do you want to lose weight?
Why do you want to find the love of your life?
If you look deep enough, it is because you are looking to experience a particular emotion or feeling. Do you want more money because you will feel safer, more secure, more in control, or more confident? Do you want to be more successful because you will feel more satisfied, more fulfilled or happier?
Knowing why you want something activates the Law of Attraction and creates an energetic alignment with your desires.
As Abraham mentions in the quote, when you don’t have the answers to how you are going to make more money, when it is going to show up or who is going to help you make it happen, your questions, discomfort and disbelief slows down the manifesting process.
I was working with a client recently and she had the desire to make more money. I asked her how much money she wanted to make each month. I asked her why she wanted the money. I asked her about her resistance to making that kind of money and she couldn’t see how she could make that much. Trying to figure out the how’s, slows down and can stop the manifesting process.
Whatever your goal or desire, keep your focus on why you want it.
- Decide specifically what you want.
- Write down why you want it.
- Keep asking “why do I want that” until you get to the feelings and emotions you are looking to experience.
- Amp up the feelings you want to experience everyday by reviewing your list of “why I want it”.
- Notice when you feel, hear or sense any resistance showing up. Listen for that little voice that says, “How it that going to happen?” or “When is it going to happen?” Remind yourself to just stay focused on why you want it and what emotions you want to experience.
- Then take inspired action toward your goal or desire while you keep your focus on WHY you want it.