Monday, September 29, 2008

Celebrate

Celebrate
By Kathy Atkinson

“Celebrate what you want to see more of.” Thomas J. Peters

What do you have to celebrate?

What is going right in your life?

How much time do you spend focused on your successes?

According to the Law of Attraction, what you give your attention to is active in your experience. What you focus on expands.

If you are beating yourself up for what you haven’t accomplished, the Universe will bring you more reasons to beat yourself up. If you focus on your successes and focus on what you have to celebrate, the Universe will bring you more experiences worth celebrating.

I make it a daily practice to notice what I have to celebrate. Many success coaches and self-help gurus stress keeping a gratitude journal, which is along the same lines, but I found for myself that looking for things to celebrate makes the process more fun.

There are several ways to incorporate this activity into your life.

1. Before you get out of bed in the morning, you can run through a list of things you have to celebrate. It can be a written list or a mental list that you review. This is a great way begin your day in a positive frame of mind and to set yourself up for success.

2. Throughout the day, you can notice and celebrate the little kindnesses you do for yourself. Celebrate the time you take to make yourself a cup of tea, celebrate the nice hot shower that you enjoy each morning or celebrate the great book you are reading.

3. At the end of the day, or right before going to bed, you can make list of all the things you have to celebrate. This will help you settle into your sleep time in a high and positive mental mindset. (Stay away from the nightly news that focuses on all the negative things happening in our world.)

4. You can run through your celebration list when you are exercising at the gym, running on the treadmill or walking outside in nature. Focusing on things you have to celebrate, while moving your body, helps to pass the time and probably helps release even more “feel good” endorphins naturally released during exercise.

5. Celebrating your life and your successes is great activity to play with your children or spouse. Make it a dinnertime ritual. Give everyone at the table an opportunity to mention something they have to celebrate. This activity will help make mealtime a no whining and complaining zone.

6. If you are a visual person, purchase a poster board and commit to adding 10 statements or pictures of the things you have to celebrate each day. Even better, add pictures of the things you want to manifest and experience, and celebrate having them before they come into your experience.

7. You can also invite one friend or several friends to join together and commit to sharing your celebration stories with each other on a daily or weekly basis. I belonged to a group that had “Brag Time”, where members were encouraged to stand up and share anything they had to celebrate. Create your own “Bragging” group.

Can you think of any other ways to celebrate your life using this activity?

If you need help getting started, here are some questions to ask yourself.

Body – Health - Fitness
What do I have to celebrate related to my body?
What physical features do I have worth celebrating?
Which aspects of my health are worth focusing on and celebrating?

Career – Job – Professional Life
What do I have to celebrate related to my career?
What professional traits and characteristic do I possess worth celebrating?
What have I accomplished at work that is special and unique to me, and worth celebrating?

Relationships – Partner – Family – Friends – Co-workers
What do I have to celebrate related to my spouse?
What do I have to celebrate related to my family?
What do I have to celebrate related the friends I have in my life?

Environment – Home – Work - Outdoors
What in my home environment is worth celebrating?
What is my work environment is worth celebrating?
What in my outside environment is worth celebrating?

Personal Successes
What have I accomplished worth celebrating?
What I have learned worth celebrating?
What have I shared with others worth celebrating?
What are the little things I do for myself that are worth celebrating?

General
What did I eat today that was delicious?
What did I see that was beautiful?

Action Challenge
The list of things you can find to celebrate is endless. Challenge yourself to create a list of 50, 100 or 200 items worth celebrating. Commit to using this activity for the next two weeks and see if you can activate the Law of Attraction in your favor. See how fast you can multiply more things in your life to celebrate.

“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” Oprah Winfrey

Copyright 2008, Creative Life Coaching

No comments: