Sunday, April 01, 2007

I Have No Complaints

I Have No Complaints

I receive many messages about counting blessings and giving thanks, but I was struck by one simple message I received I received several years ago.

*Thank you for everything, I have no complaints.*

When I began incorporating this phrase/affirmation/prayer throughout my day, I was amazed at how often I caught myself complaining. Have you ever stopped to consider how much time you spend each day complaining?

We have such a tendency to complain about things we have no control over...the weather, lack of time, and things that other people do. It is such a waste of time and energy to complain about those things.

I saw a Pastor on TV recently who had the same idea. Create a complaint-free world. www.TheComplaintFreeChurch.org. Church members are sending out bracelets with “A Complaint Free World” written on them as a gentle reminder to help people shift their conversations with themselves and others.

Can you create a complaint free environment?

If you would like to order a bracelet visit:
http://acomplaintfreeworld.fobby.net/Complaint_Free_Bracelet_Order_Form.php


Action Challenge

Spend at least one day this week paying attention to how often you complain to yourself and to others about things you have no control over.

Keep a notebook handy and jot down these things down.

Estimate how much time and energy you wasted that day on these topics.

Decide how you can better spend your time and energy. What could or should you be talking about?

Of course, if you find yourself complaining about things you can do something about...stop complaining and do something!

No comments: