Thursday, June 08, 2006

Do You Have Kinks in Your Exercise Links?

Do You Have Kinks in Your Exercise Links?
by Kathy Atkinson

We all know the benefits of regular and consistent exercise. You look better, feel better, have more energy, and your metabolism is stimulated. Regular exercise strengthens your heart and also diminishes your risk of developing many diseases.

Unfortunately, many of us also experience resistance to exercise, regardless of the benefits. Exercise is just exercise. The links, attachments or beliefs you have connected to exercise can defeat you or support you. You must address the kinks in your exercise links before you can truly experience all the benefits of exercise.

Here are some negative links that perhaps you have associated with exercise.

Exercise is hard work.
Exercise is painful.
I don't have time to work out.
I hate exercise.
I hate getting all sweaty.
I would rather watch TV.
I reward exercise with extra food or sweets.

If you don't address the negative links you have connected to exercise, it can be easy to self-sabotage your results. You may injure yourself and feel relieved that it gets you out of exercising or you may reward yourself with sweets thus defeating your weight loss goals.

Here are some positive links that you should establish in order to reap the rewards of exercise.

Exercise leaves me feeling energized.
I love moving my body.
My body loves to move.
It feels great to get my heart pumping.
My body is growing stronger everyday.

EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is an ideal process to help you quickly release the kinks in your exercise links and help you establish new positive links to exercise. I have an “EFT for Exercise Resistance” script and audio recording on my new web site that will do the trick. Check it out here.


Action Challenge

If you don’t work out on a regular and consistent basis, ask yourself why.
Finish this statement “I don’t like exercise because…”

What unnecessary links you have connected to exercise?
How can you release these negative links and establish new supportive links?

If you need help, check out the “EFT for Exercise Resistance” downloads.


    If you don't have enough energy to work out I also have a script and audio recording for increasing energy. Visit "EFT for Energy" for more information.

    Affirmations

    I love working out.
    I enjoy the benefits of daily exercise.
    I am getting stronger everyday.

    Quotes

    “Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states.” Carol Welch

    “Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” Edward Stanley

    “Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.” Plato

    Copyright 2006, Creative Life Coaching

    No comments: